Classic slow cooked mutton and savoy cabbage stew
- 2 ½ kg lamb or mutton on the bone (shoulder, shank or neck), cut into 3cm slices
- 2 ½ kg green OR savoy cabbage
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed 500ml water
- 6 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- Salt to taste (3 – 4 teaspoons).
Cut the cabbage into quarters through the core, and cut each quarter into 2 or 3 wedges. If using baby savoy, cut each cabbage into 4 wedges (the core holds the leaves together during the long cooking process) · Chop the spring onions and crush the garlic · Pour the water into a large casserole dish or pot Place a layer of lamb, then cabbage, spring onions, garlic and a rosemary sprig and sprinkle with salt and peppercorns. Repeat layering until the meat and cabbage is finished. The final layer should always be cabbage Cover and bring to the boilSimmer for 30 minutes with the lid on
Place the well sealed pot into the Wonderbag on a mat or pot stand Seal the bag and leave for 4 ½ hours Open and serve with boiled potato, flat bread and lingonberry jam.