BREAKFAST - VEGAN - 4 HOURS
Our Matcha French toast is the perfect brunch item and a spectacular way to start to your day. It will leave you feeling happy and nourished, with a healthy caffeine boost.
French Toast 1 Loaf bread (Any type) 1/4c Dairy-Free butter or coconut oil
Matcha Custard 3 1/2c Plant Milk (Soy, Almond, Coconut) 1 TBSP Matcha green tea powder 5 TBSP Cornstarch 1 tsp Cinnamon 1.5c Water 1/4c Sweetner of choice (maple syrup, cane sugar) 1 TBSP Vanilla 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
Coconut Whipped Cream 2 cans refrigerated (overnight) coconut cream or coconut milk 2tsp Vanilla extract 4TBSP Granulated sweetner of choice (cane sugar, coconut palm sugar)
Toppings Fresh Strawberries or raspberries Maple syrup
1. Cut bread into medium-large cubes
2. Heat dairy-free butter or coconut oil in pot on medium high heat
3. Add bread cubes to pot and toss for a few minutes until browned. Set aside
4. To make matcha custard, add the dry then wet ingredients to a separate saucepan and bring to a boil. Whisk continuously until custard is almost boiling or coats the back of a wooden spoon
5. Pour custard over the bread cubes and gently mix to combine
6. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes
7. Place lidded pot inside Wonderbag and cook in Wonderbag for 4 hours
8. To make coconut whipped cream, scoop coconut cream from can (if using coconut milk only scoop the coconut cream and save the remaining liquid for future use). Whip coconut cream until stiff peaks form (about 8 minutes). Add vanilla and sweetener and beat for another couple of minutes.
9. To serve, spoon French Toast Pudding into bowls and add toppings of choice. Enjoy!