SLOW COOKED RIBS
- 1½ kg meaty pork, Beef or Lamb ribs
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce (350g approx)
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp peppercorns
1. Put 4 tbsp of barbecue sauce along with the rest of the ingredients into your pot.
2. Top up with enough water to cover and fill the pot ¾ full.
3. Bring to the boil, simmer for 20 minutes, place the lid on the pot and place in the Wonderbag on a pot stand or cloth
4. Seal the Wonderbag and leave to cook for 6 – 8 hours
5. Heat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
6. Remove the ribs from the pot using a slotted spoon or tongs. Handle them carefully as the meat will be very tender and may start to fall off.
7. Baste with the remaining barbecue sauce and lay on a foil-lined oven tray. Cook for 20 – 30 mins until starting to crisp on outside.
8. Alternatively, cook on the barbecue, turning from time to time until piping hot throughout.