This classic fish stew is a super easy meal to make in the Wonderbag. It is simple and very quick to prepare. Traditionally, cioppino is made with the catch of the day, so you can get as creative as you want with the fish that you include.
- 1 can (28oz/227g/794g) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 bottle (8oz/227g) clam juice
- 1 can (6oz/170g/170g) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine or vegetable broth
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1lb/0kg/0kg 1lb/0kg/0kg cod fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½lb uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (6oz/170g/170g) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 can (10oz/283g) chopped clams, include juice
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley or 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
Combine first 13 ingredients in 4-6 quart pot. Bring to a boil for 5-10 minutes. Quickly add in fish ingredients and cover.
Place the lidded pot into your Wonderbag and seal for 4-6 hours. After set time, remove pot from bag and stir in parsley. Fish should flake easily and shrimp should be pink. Discard bay leaf.
To Serve: Ladle into bowls and serve with crusty bread.
Tip: You can substitute other fish for this recipe. Consider including less crab meat and clams and adding more shrimp and cod. Haddock is a great substitute for cod.