The chipotle chili, the basis of our recipe, is in fact a ‘smoked chile,’ which is used primarily in many Mexican inspired cuisines. Having had it’s origins in central and southern Mexico it is now widely available across northern Mexico, United States and even, believe it or not, China!
- 1lb/0kg ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1- 28oz/794g can crushed tomatoes
- 1- 15oz/425g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tsp beef bouillon base
- Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro
Cook ground beef, onion, red pepper and garlic in 4-quart pot, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned and vegetables are tender.
Stir in beef bouillon base and chipotle chile pepper. Stir in tomatoes and beans. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 15 minutes.
Place your lidded pot in the Wonderbag for 2 hour (can be left longer to enhance flavor).
Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and/or chopped cilantro.