TOMATO CELERY SOUP
This is truly one of my favourite dishes! It is so low in calories yet so high in nutrition – especially the antioxidant lycopene found in tomatoes. A quick and easy meal to make, and then place in your Wonderbag until you get back from work. Once you are home, you blend it up and dinner is ready!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 long sticks of celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and grated
- 4 whole big tomatoes, skins removed
- 2 tins tomatoes, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes (you can substitute this with another big tomato)
- 250ml organic chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 Tbsp sugar or 1 tbsp agave
- Black pepper
- Coarse salt
- Fresh basil leaves
- 250ml Fresh cream (optional)
- Additional protein – bacon or butterbeans (optional)
- Heat up the oil/butter in a large pot.
- Add the onions, garlic and celery and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Now add the fresh and tinned tomatoes and the stock – bring to the boil.
- Add the sugar/agave, mix and place in the Wonderbag.
- Leave in the Wonderbag for 3 hours.
- Remove and blend the soup with a handheld blender.
- If you want to, add 150ml-250ml fresh cream to the pot and mix.
Serve with fresh basil leaves, salt and pepper. Best served with homemade bread.
To make it easier to remove the tomatoes’ skins I leave them in some boiling water first.
If you would like to add some protein to it – you could add a tin of butterbeans to the soup mix or your could cook some streaky bacon, and crumble it on top of the soup once the soup has been dished up – add the basil on top of the bacon!