AFRICAN PEANUT CHICKEN
A delicious North African chicken dish. The Wondebag slowly allows the sauce to thicken and the chicken to be incredibly tender. An absolute must for a winter evening dinner party!
- 4-6 chicken pieces (I like to use chicken legs)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 2 large tomatoes – chopped and pips removed
- 150ml chicken stock
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp chunky peanut butter
- 2 tsp ground chilli spice
- 1 green pepper
- 30g/1.06oz salted peanuts
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot (3 litres), add the oil and bring to the heat.
- Place the chicken legs into the pot and allow the skin to turn brown – once brown remove them from the pot.
- Keeping the same oil, and add the onions and the garlic and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Now add the fresh tomatoes, the tin of tomato, the peanut butter, the chilli spice and the chicken stock.
- Once this is boiling, add the chicken legs back to the mixture.
- Allow the pot to boil for 10 minutes and then place it into the Wonderbag.
- Allow it to cook for 3 hours in the Wonderbag.
- Chop the green pepper and the coriander and place them in a bowl – mix these 2 ingredients together and add the salted peanuts.
- When you serve the chicken, top it with the green pepper mix and enjoy!!
Serve on fresh basmati rice
Remember to remove the tomato pips – to prevent the mixture from becoming too thin/watery