Corn and cheese steamed bread (serves 8 – 10)
- 3 cups (750ml) bread flour
- 650ml lukewarm water
- 10ml dry yeast
- 10ml salt
- 5ml black pepper
- 10ml sugar
- 125ml corn kernels
- 250ml grated cheese
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- Place the bread flour, yeast, salt and spices in a bowl
- Stir in the cheese and chopped spring onions
- Add the corn kernels, water and oil and ix well.
- Knead until a smooth soft and pliable dough is formed (it must not be sticky. Add more flour if needed)
- Lightly oil a 1.5lt stainless steel bowl
- Place the dough in the bowl, cover and leave to rise for 20 minutes
- Cover the bowl with tin foil with a pleat in to allow the bread to rice, and secure this with string
- Place in an 8 – 10t pot on a cloth and fill halfway up the side of the bowl with water
- Place the covered pot on the stove over a medium heat and allow the bread to steam for 45 minutes.
- Place the whole pot in a Wonderbag on a cloth or mat and seal.
- Leave to steam for 4 hours
- Open, remove the bowl, uncover and unmould the bread.
- Serve with butter. Great for camping!