Cheesy Spinach & Mozzarella Rigatoni (serves 4 - 6)
- 30ml Oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 20 curry leaves
- 30ml medium curry powder
- 15ml ground cumin or jeera
- 15ml ground coriander or dhania
- 30ml brown sugar
- 10ml coarse ground black pepper
- 10ml salt
- 12 - 16 chicken thighs (1.5kg)
- 350ml speckled beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 tin tomato puree
- 2 tins chopped tomato
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 6 pieces each
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil in an 8 - 10lt pot
- Fry the onion and garlic until lightly browned.
- Add the curry leaves, curry powder, cumin and coriander and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry while stirring for 5 minutes
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the fresh coriander and bring to the boil
- Turn down the heat, place the lid on the pot and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Place the pot in the Wonderbag on a mat or cloth, seal and leave to cook for 4 hours.
- Open the Wonderbag, check the seasoning and adjust if needed. Serve with rice, pap, roti or naan bread and poppadum's and sambals